Review: HELPS Organic Green Tea

Green Tea, HELPS Tea, Mint Tea, Organic Tea Add comments
Dan’s Teaview Snapshot
Its OK"The ingredients of this offering are organic green tea leaves, and organic spearmint leaves. Unfortunately, the ratio is not proportioned well for those who enjoy their minty teas. Only 5% of the leaves are spearmint, while the other 95% is green tea."
Dan’s Teaview: 6.8/10
Other Teaviews: Bryan gave it 6.5/10
Your Reviews:Add your review »
I've heard/read various purported health benefits to all kinds of tea over the years, most of which seem a bit far-fetched to me, but the one adorning the wrapper of HELPS Organic Green Tea Leaves is a new one to me: "Your Skin's Best Friend" (this, of course, accompanied by the usual caveat that this statement has not been evaluated by the FDA, etc etc). HELPS claims that green tea "may help to keep your skin looking young." Can't say I've heard that one before. HELPS is a tea line developed by an international natural pharmaceutical company (Pharmadus) that utilizes all organic medicinal plant products in their products.

The ingredients of this offering are organic green tea leaves, and organic spearmint leaves. Unfortunately, the ratio is not proportioned well for those who enjoy their minty teas. Only 5% of the leaves are spearmint, while the other 95% is green tea. I like green tea OK, but personally enjoy it much more with a higher ratio of other products to enhance the flavor. As green tea goes, this is OK. Nothing special. Nothing Terrible. The addition of the spearmint does produce a nice fragrance to the dried leaf - not overpowering, but pleasant. In the cup, the aroma is much the same, but again, the taste profile seems off. There's just enough mint to get a hint of that lovely spearmint flavor and refreshing mouthfeel. But as a personal preference, I like it mintier.

As the cup cooled to room temperature, I found this tea a bit more enjoyable. While I did not have the chance to prepare it this way, I suspect adding a touch of honey and serving over ice is where this tea may really shine.

— To purchase HELPS Organic Green Tea, or for more specific information on ingredients or the story behind this particular tea, click here to go directly to the manufacturer's web site.

Teaviews Member: Dan Dan
Teaviews.com Reviewer
» Read more about this reviewer on Dan's profile page.
» Find a list of recent posts by Dan.

    



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

WP Theme & Icons by N.Design Studio
Entries RSS Comments RSS Log in